Attention, parents and grandparents! Uncles and aunts, and guardians of all ages! Kids are officially back in school! But don’t get too excited. Another year of school means another year of grueling tests, insubstantial lunches, and exposure to germs. Doesn’t sound too pleasant, right? If your child struggles to focus, doesn’t like to eat their lunch, or is prone to sickness, it may be time for a back-to-school makeover.
A makeover? Isn’t that, like, make-up and hair? Uh, no! A back-to-school makeover is a complete transformation of your child’s backpack that will focus on improving their physical and mental well-being. Let’s get started!
The first step on the path to a great school year is to keep your child consistent with their vitamins. Supplements will improve their focus and promote resistance against bacteria. Two core products children should take are IQ-Mega and a2z Chewables.
- IQ-Mega is flavored with Wild Orange and is an easy-to-swallow supplement that supports brain, cardiovascular, immune, and joint function. It is recommended to take one teaspoon daily.
- a2z Chewable is a proprietary formula of A, B, C, and E vitamins as well as botanical extracts. These tablets are strawberry flavored and support healthy cell development and longevity when taken daily.
For your child, it can be a struggle to stay focused, and their grades may falter as a result. Luckily, DoTERRA offers several oils to help your child concentrate! Apply these oils to the bottoms of feet and back of neck to help restore focus and increase the ability to stay on task. You can dilute with DoTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to calm any skin sensitivity.
- InTune, rightfully called the Focus Blend, is a proprietary blend of essential oils carefully selected for their ability to enhance and sustain a sense of focus. Apply to the bottoms of feet as InTune has a strong smell that your child may not like.
- Peppermint’s spicy and fragrant scent can help wake the mind, sharpen your senses, and improve your memory. A natural version of caffeine, if you will. Apply to the back of your child’s neck to promote concentration.
- Wild Orange works to energize and lift the mood. It is the best oil to diffuse while your child is working to help give them energy and a boost of concentration.
- Massage Balance on your child’s feet, neck, shoulders, or back to ease anxiety and restore emotional balance.
LUNCH BOX MAKEOVER
Did you know that you can add essential oils to your cooking? This includes food in your child’s lunch box. Here are several recipes that your child may enjoy:
Wild Orange Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Mix two drops of DoTERRA Wild Orange into the peanut butter
- Spread onto the bread
- Drizzle some honey for added flavor
- Pack into the lunch box
Tangerine Fruit Dip
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- ½ of honey
- 2 drops of DoTERRA Tangerine
Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy.
Natural Energy and Clear Thinking
Water Bottle with Lemon
- Add a drop of Lemon to enhance the flavor of water
- Ensure that the water bottle is not plastic; pour water into a stainless-steel thermos
CLEANSING HAND GEL
Germ X and other hand sanitizer brands are not healthy for your child. Here is an alternative recipe for a healthier version of hand sanitizer, made with essential oils! You need:
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons of water
- ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 8-10 drops of On Guard
- A small squeeze container or spray bottle
In a bowl, combine aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil. Add 8-10 drops of On Guard to the mixture. Add water and mix well. Add more or less water based on the desired consistency. Pour into small container for use.
That concludes our back-to-school makeover! We hope these tips have been helpful. We’d love to hear your testimonies
Don’t have a DōTERRA wholesale account? Click the button below to get started. It’s super easy and you will be amazed at what you will experience on your essential oil journey!
Jayden Almeida has been the head blogger of Essentially Sp’OILed for Life since 2019. Her passion is to help readers understand the benefits of essential oils to achieve a happier and healthier lifestyle. In addition to writing for ESFL, Jayden’s also a novice author determined to publish her own series of literature.