White grapefruit, though different in color and slightly more tart, shares many of the same benefits of your favorite pink grapefruit!
- For a DIY room or bathroom freshening spray, put several drops of White Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lavender, and your favorite fir oil into a spray bottle with water.
- Add 1-3 drops of White Grapefruit to water, lemonade, or tea for a twist in flavor and digestive benefits.*
- Include White Grapefruit in your skin care routine by adding it to your favorite exfoliator or scrub.
- Add a few drops of White Grapefruit to shampoo for added cleansing properties and a light, sweet scent.
- Diffuse White Grapefruit with Douglas Fir for a refreshing, energizing, balancing atmosphere.
What Is the Difference between Pink and White Grapefruit Essential Oil?
White Grapefruit and Pink Grapefruit are simply different varieties of the same plant. The difference in name comes from the colors of the fruit, but they share similar chemistry and other characteristics.
What Is Grapefruit Oil Used For?
White Grapefruit essential oil can be used aromatically, topically, and internally.
The deliciously citrus fresh scent is uplifting and can be used to create an environment of positivity and confidence. Diffuse White Grapefruit in the morning while you are preparing for the day or in the afternoon when you need some extra energy and support. Or put White Grapefruit on diffuser jewelry to carry the scent with you all day. Another way to use it aromatically is by making a natural room spray or air freshener.
The main chemical constituent in White Grapefruit is limonene, which means that the oil is highly cleansing and purifying. Use it as part of your cleaning regimen or put a few drops down your kitchen sink to keep it smelling fresh.
Is it Safe to Drink Grapefruit Essential Oil?
Another way to take advantage of Grapefruit’s cleansing properties is internally. Taken internally, White Grapefruit promotes gastrointestinal health and digestion.* It also helps support a healthy metabolism.*
Add a few drops of Grapefruit oil to your water and enjoy the accompanying flavor or try adding it to a smoothie. You can also simply put a couple drops under the tongue or take it in a veggie capsule.
Is Grapefruit Good for the Skin?
Another one of the benefits of Grapefruit’s cleansing and purifying properties is that they can be applied to the skin. Add a drop to your facial cleanser for a sweet scent and a purifying boost! Including Grapefruit as part of your evening skin care will reduce the appearance of blemishes and encourage a healthy-looking complexion.
Because White Grapefruit is a citrus oil, it is photosensitive. This means that you should avoid UV rays for 12 hours after applying the oil topically. One easy way to do this is only use Grapefruit during your evening skin care routine.