Have you ever skimmed through the DoTERRA catalog to buy your oils for the month and completely miss the essentials? As the first two oils DoTERRA ever offered, Lavender and Peppermint contain such a myriad of benefits that they are considered the “Swiss Army Knives” of the oils. These oils are must-have additions to your home and the staples of a healthy wellness lifestyle.
Peppermint AND Lavender
Lavender is known for its soothing qualities. Want to soothe a skin irritation? Use Lavender. Want to soothe some emotional turmoil? Use Lavender. The possibilities are endless! Calm your body and mind with the simple solution: Lavender.
Top 8 Uses of Lavender:
- Catch Some Serious ZZZ’s Put 3-4 drops of Lavender in your diffuser and/or on the bottoms of your feet before you go to bed! It’s no secret that the beginning of a healthy lifestyle begins with sleep.
- Calm Anxious Feelings Diffuse Lavender or rub over your heart and wrists to calm a roiling belly or tight chest.
- Soothe Irritated Skin Rub a few drops of Lavender over desired areas to reduce itchiness, pain, and redness.
- Combat Fungal Infections Take 4 drops of Lavender in a veggie capsule and rub on affected areas.
- Wound-Healing Properties As a natural antihistamine and antibacterial essential oil, Lavender can be applied on site with a carrier oil to effectively use these properties.
- Self-Expression Lavender is known as the oil of communication. Struggling with self-expression? Rub on the back of your neck, behind your ears, and over your heart when you feel as if you need help expressing yourself.
- Seasonal Support It is no secret that Lavender is a crucial component to DoTERRA’s seasonal blend, TriEase®. Take Lavender internally by adding 4 drops to a veggie capsule and apply a drop to the roof of your mouth.
- Healthy Skin Dilute 2-4 drops of Lavender and apply to chosen areas of the skin or add lavender to your facial cleansers for an uplifting boost of glowing skin.
Peppermint is a versatile herb that has been used since ancient times. The oil is well known for its ability to alleviate stomach upset and head tension, promote healthy respiratory function, and soothe seasonal threats.
Top 8 Uses of Peppermint:
- Mucus Got You Clogged Up? Massage 2-3 drops of Peppermint (with a carrier oil) onto chest or add 3-4 drops into the diffuser to clear sinus and lung pressure.
- Head Tension Rub 1-2 drops of Peppermint on your temples, forehead, over sinuses, and on the back of neck to soothe head tension.
- Stress Try a combination of Peppermint and Lavender for stress relief.
- Energy and Alertness Rub a drop of Peppermint oil under your nose to improve concentration. You can also diffuse 3-4 drops in a diffuser of your choice.
- Sore Muscles Peppermint has the remarkable ability to stimulate circulation at the surface of the skin by opening up skin pores and bringing an icy-hot feeling to tired muscles. Apply directly to muscles to feel this alleviation.
- Temperature Use Peppermint at the base of the forehead and on the back of neck to cool down. Perfect for a hot day outside or when you’re sick!
- Hair Care Add some Peppermint oil to your shampoo to invigorate your scalp and hair.
- Ant Problems If you have a bug problem in your house, place a Peppermint soaked cotton ball to areas of entry. They’re not big fans of mint!
For November 20th only, buy Lavender and get Peppermint FREE! Don’t miss out on these essentials! We’d love to hear your testimonies.
Don’t have a DōTERRA wholesale account? Click the button below to get started. It’s super easy and you will be amazed at what you will experience on your essential oil journey!
Jayden Almeida has been the head blogger of Essentially Sp’OILed for Life since 2019. Her passion is to help readers understand the benefits of essential oils to achieve a happier and healthier lifestyle. In addition to writing for ESFL, Jayden’s also a novice author determined to publish her own series of literature.