Melissa, also known as lemon balm, is Greek for “honeybee” and the citrus-like aroma of the plant attracts bees. It is a rare oil that is extracted from the leaf of the Melissa plant and is cherished by many for its wide range of health benefits. Two of the main chemical components of Melissa essential oil are geranial and neral. Both geranial and neral contain properties that strongly contribute to Melissa essential oil’s powerful soothing abilities. Furthermore, Melissa essential oil can also be used in the kitchen and as a dietary supplement for immune health.
Uses and Benefits
- Immune System Wellness Melissa essential oil contains many properties that help support a healthy immune system. You can take Melissa essential oil via veggie capsule as a dietary supplement or dilute one drop into a four-fluid-ounce liquid and drink.
- Relaxation Two main chemical constituents in Melissa essential oil are geraniol and neral—two components that contain soothing properties and make this essential oil perfect for relaxation. Apply Melissa essential oil topically or put a few drops into a diffuser.
- Public Speaking Before a nerve-wracking speech, presentation, or performance, apply one to two drops of Melissa essential oil in the palms of your hands. Cup and inhale.
- Skin Care Add Melissa essential oil to your moisturizer or spray bottle to give your skin that fresh and rejuvenated feeling.
- Sleep To help create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep, diffuse Melissa essential oil before you go to bed.
Get 10% off Melissa essential oil this month! Don’t miss your chance to get your hands on one of DoTERRA’s most precious oils !
Want to SAVE 25% off your essential oils and dietary supplement? Click the button below to get started. It’s super easy and you will be amazed at what you will experience on your wellness journey!
Jayden Almeida has been the head blogger of Essentially Sp’OILed for Life since 2019. Her passion is to help readers understand the benefits of essential oils to achieve a happier and healthier lifestyle. In addition to writing for ESFL, Jayden’s also a novice author determined to publish her own series of literature.